Wednesday, July 20, 2011

No safe wading in an unknown water~ Romanian proverb

    I woke up as if in a dream, my head bumping into the door of the car. When did I lay down? I forced my reluctant eyes to open and say the back of a black leather seat.
    My mom didn't have leather seats.
    My mouth felt cottony and I tried to take deep breaths to calm the panic that was setting in. I remembered. I remembered it all. How dare she. She gave me away like I was cheap a bracelet from a scuzzy ex. That hurt a lot more than I was expecting it to. Gah. It was so hard to move, like every muscle was asleep. Maybe I should just.....NO! I couldn't fall asleep again. Not while I was being kidnapped, for crying out loud. I concentrated on moving my legs, hoping that stretching them out would improve my blood flow or something, to make me wake up faster.  After a few seconds of silent cursing they moved, but stoped almost immediately.
   "Looks like the girl's waking up." Said an accented male voice. I felt a hand run up one of my legs and shivered, trying to jerk them back, but only managing a small twitch.
   "Hey, hands off the merchandise Carter." Said another voice. The same voice as the man who had drugged me, that much I could tell.
    "She's not merchandise." Says a testy voice from right behind me.
    "Awe, does Tray have a bit of a crush?" Carter mocked in an annoyingly british voice. Gah, I hate him already. If my legs would just MOVE. My leg jerks and kicks him hard in the thigh. Haha, score one for the merchandise, I think smugly.
    "Bitch." He hisses and I glance down in time to see him raise his fist threateningly.
    "Don't mark her, the boss man'll have your hide." My kidnapper said. That stoped him, although if looks could kill I'd probably be on the verge of death right now. Carter looked at me and smiled cruelly.
    "Don't worry." He said patting my thigh. I pulled my legs up, away from his touch. "If your lucky I'll be the one to break you in." The car slowed down and I rocked back and forth as we pulled into a parking lot.
    "Carter, go pay for the gas," Said the driver. "And get a couple bottles of water while your at it." Carter glared at him and got out, slamming the car door. I hurry (or at least try to) get into a sitting position before the driver dude opens my door. He bends down and says to me, "Would you like to stretch your legs?" I just stare at him dumbfounded. He moves slowly, putting one arm behind his back and holding the other out to me, like a real gentleman. "Would you like to get out?" He says again slower, like I was mental or something. I scowl at him and stick my legs out of the car, ignoring him and the fact that I still wasn't completely sure I could hold my own weight. "One moment please." He says grabbing my hands and taking off the handcuffs I was wearing.
   "What's your deal." I said looking at him wearily as I rubbed my wrists. I have to admit, even though he was a kidnapper and hung around with who knows what kind of people, he was hot. And considerate. All the more reason for me not to trust him. He smiled slightly and looked me over with his dark gray eyes.
   "Just thought you'd like some fresh air." He replied, backing up one arm on the door. I pushed myself up off the seat and braced myself on the hood of the car. I could stand. Good. Now if only I could run.... I looked around me and started to feel sick, either a side affect from the drugs or the realization that I was in the middle of a freaking dessert. The shiny black car and rundown gas station where the only thing I could see besides dirt, the sky and scrubby plants that looked half dead.
    No wonder he had let me go. There was nowhere to run to. "Where am I?" I asked him. A breeze blew his strait brown hair around his face. He was tall and wiry, sort of like Charlie, only he would blend in in a crowd, Charlie wouldn't. I probab;y wouldn't get to see him again. or Leeann Stop thinking depressing thoughts. I told myself sternly. And don't crush on the sociopaths, either. When he spoke I snapped myself back to the present.
    "A desert." He told me while looking over at the station. I gave him an Oh really? look, then turned and saw Carter walking back. Carter was probably the exact opposite of Trey. He had light amber eyes, short red hair and was built like a bull, shorter and wider, but all muscle. He would've even been attractive if it wasn't for the cocky sneer always on his face and obnoxiously crude attitude. They were both about the same age tho. He walked around the car and reached for me.
   "So you let the girly out?" He sneered. I backed away from him and stood next to Trey. I would take the silent and gentalmanly kidnapper over the loud and grabby one anyday. I couldn't help but think But aren't the kind ones always the most fucked up in the head? I watched way to many horror movies.
   "Ah. So I take it your the one who'll break her in, aye?" God that accent was anoying. Leeann would probably love it tho. she had a thing for british dudes. They eyes that turned on him were cold, even tho his face was expressioless. What the hell is this "breaking in" he keeps talking about? I thought frustrated. I wanted to know, but I had a feeling I would regret asking.
   "Hurry up. We have to get going." My kidnapper said from the other side of the car. He was a man, about thirty-ish and had dark...well, dark everything. He had a deep tan, brown-black hair, same color eyes and was wearing a black jacket over a dark red shirt and darkwash jeans. It had a sort of creepy effect. Carter tossed the water bottle to Trey and started to walk around the car. "No." My kidnapper ordered, "You drive the rest of the way." Carter mumbled something under his breath as he walked back to the drivers side, it was something like "mumble mumble, touch the bitch, mumble mumble, bastered, mumble." He got in and Trey nodded to the car. I let out an irritated breath and climbed in. After about ten minutes of silence I lay my head back and closed my eyes. Now that I had nothing to distract me, the dread and horror of what was happening rose to the surface. I wasn't in Pennsylvania anymore, I knew that.
   I would never see my friends agian. Never graduate high school. Never go to prom. I had never even had a boyfiend. Never get married, never have kids.What would my mother tell my friends? The school?  Would she wait a few days then report me missing? Were they going to kill me? Sell me in some forgien country? What the hell were they planning? What possible reason could they have for kidnapping a 16 year old girl besides mabey prostitution or rape. But if they were going to rape me they wouldn't have taken me so far away. Unless they didn't want anyone to find the body. Or mabey the "boss man" didn't want to leave the comfort of his home so they bring girls to him. My fist clenched in anger. I knew that they wouldn't answer any of my questions. Trey might, but definately not while they were around. How can I get him alone?  I smiled ruefilly at that. Never in a million years would I have dreamed that I would be desperate to get a guy alone.
    This was going to be a long ride.
**************************************************
   "Rise and shine sleepin' beauty." Drawled a low voice in my ear. I forced my eyes open and jerked back when I saw a mans stubly face only a few inches from mine.  He wistles. "She's a pretty one, thats for sure." He grabed my arm and hauled me out of the vehicle, stumbling. I manage to get me feet before he starts walking again, dragging me along in his iron grip. It was dark out and there was no moon so I could barely see as he led me into a building. He was big. Broad shoulders, long legs, and a dark mass of hair. The guy was intimidateing and Carter didn't even pull any funny buisness as he followed. That is how I knew that he was one of the head honcho's. We stoped in front of a door and he pulled it open, pushing me in.
    "Have fun." Carter snickered behind me.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment